Friday, December 21, 2012

Prayer

How often do we as Christians neglect our duty and privilege of prayer.
Prayer is a wonderful gift, to talk with our Creator and Savior,
to easily it is taken into carelessness and repetitious behavior.
Prayer is to be sent in humility, and humbleness, with faith speaking each word and speaking from the heart.
To easily I have found myself praying in a repetitious manner,
Each one of use doesn't like to be talked to in a repetitious manner, It gets old very quickly.
When we pray, we are seeking to Speak to our Heavenly Father.
Humbleness is very important when talking to our King.
I've seen in some churches that the people stand to pray, this is not wrong but I believe that our Heavenly Father needs our respect. Kneeling is what I believe is showing humbleness.
Also our Hearts are to be in a humble spirit. Closing of our eyes is eliminates distractions around us so we can keep our hearts in tune to God.
All the things we bring to God in prayer should be brought with Faith, not presumption. Presumption is more of wanting and expecting, though I don't know the entire definition of presumption. Faith is believing in the evidence of things not seen, and of the substance of things hoped for: hebrews 11:1,2 I think I may have written it wrong. Having faith is knowing that God hears and answers our prayers always in the way He knows best. Sometimes He says No, or Wait, or He answers gives what we need right away, but always in the best timing.
God Bless Brothers and Sisters,
YBIC Nathan J.

No comments:

Post a Comment